Thursday, June 2, 2011

Get In My Mouth



Look at this adorable little thing. I got it from Butterfield Market on 3rd Ave and seventy sumthin. I walk by this place everyday on my way to the subway and the smells emanating from within make me want to dive head first through the plate glass windows and drag myself through the aisles like a salivating animal. But the line is always really long so I never go in. This time however the interior was agreeably unpopulated, and along with a delicious iced coffee I purchased this little gem – a raspberry jam, powdered sugar covered munchkin thing. It made me want to plant an IED behind the counter of a Dunkin' Donuts. Jelly donuts remind me of my grandmother. I have no idea why. As far as I know she never had any dealings with them.

1 comment:

  1. They remind you of your grandmother because when you were just a lad your grandfather would go to the bakery and he would bring home 2 jelly donuts. One for you & one for grammy. Soon after she turned you on to linzer tarts.

    ReplyDelete